Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Turnaround Tuesday!

Welcome back to the third week of my new-and-improved (or at least consistently updated) blog. It's Turnaround Tuesday!

Turnarounds are a great way to get a feel for a character and to see if you can get a handle on their look and personality, even more than a pin-up. Last week I ventured into Wonder Woman territory for the first time, excepting a couple inked pieces here and there. (You can check it out on my Deviant Art page here) This week...

The Creeper!

...

The Creeper! Yeah, not quite the 'oomph' of "Wonder Woman!". The Creeper is a character originally sprung from the mad, mad mind of Steve Ditko. He's kind of just crazy, I guess. He's a brawler and very acrobatic, a la Spider-Man or Daredevil, and has a laugh which is physically painful to people. Kinda like The Nanny.

The original costume I can remember clearly from way back, growing up. I had to try to tackle it, and the man under it. I'm cheating a little bit this week. I've been trying (as with my Wolverine and Wonder Woman turnarounds) to stay as 'on model' and contemporary as possible. Apparently, the Creeper has been 'revamped' within the last few years; but, for me, if it's not Ditko, it's not right. I'm sticking with Steve on this one.

HAHHAHHhhahahHAHHa! (Sorry, had to do that)


No comments: