Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Inspiration Thursday!

Welcome back to my artblog! It's the middle of week four of my attempt to post every single week day, rain or shine, hell or high water, caffeine or no ca-... No, that's too far.

If I'm out of coffee, and there's none around, all bets are off. You've been warned.

Today is Thursday, which means I'll be pulling something out of my magic art bag that relates to something that's been influencing me. This week is actually a continuation of last week's piece that I started based on Steve Ditko's The Creeper. (You can find that original piece here)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've stated before that starting this blog has really made me want to bring pieces and sketches to completion much more often than I had in the past. I think that before starting this blog I might have left the Creeper sketch as it was and moved on. I might've gotten around to it later, at some point, in the future... you know how that procrastination thing works.

Inspiration's a tricky thing, and it can be a deceptive and tricky thing waiting around for it to do its thing. Creation is often a pretty pragmatic and unglamorous process. You've got to sit down, commit yourself to doing something, and then do it. Really do it. No excuses.

This piece is dedicated to all those artists, creative folks and bloggers out there who are doing their thing (whether that be art, family, or blogging). You guys help keep me honest.

Now have some Creeper!

No comments: