Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Missing Ink!

Get it, missing ink?

Today is going to be a little different, and a little brief. I've got a lot of work that I'm trying to catch up on for various clients, and I'm not doing a comic inking piece this week.

I thought though that I'd show you a little process work for one of the jobs I'm doing right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently designing a logo for an adjunct business for a catering company, and it's decided that it's going to be a silhouette. Silhouettes are tricky. They're maybe the easiest thing to draw, but then one of the hardest things to draw well. You've really got to convey the point of the picture with just the contour.

One of the things I do when I'm doing silhouette work is get acquainted with the subject by doing quick drawings, but by drawing only with pen. I find that I can start to choose my lines carefully at this point and preemptively stop myself from getting too concerned or wrapped up in any detail work. Just the facts, ma'am.

Here ya go!

No comments: