Thursday, January 20, 2011

Egyptian Thursday!

Welcome back to my artblog. Today is Thursday, and this week I'm adjusting the format a bit. I've recently been getting more and more into Egyptian art and history (again) and I've realized that a decent number of the pieces I've posted here have been on the subject. I figured that I might as well make it official. So out with Inspiration Thursday, in with Egyptian Thursday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

During my Junior Year Thesis at SVA I got heavily into the history and story of Hatchepsut, Egypt's first female pharaoh. I've decided recently that I'm going to re-pursue that project and see where it takes me.

Right now I'm doing a lot of research and preliminary sketches and ideas. One thing I remember from this the first go-around is that organization is key. I'll open books and there's something that I can remember wanting to include or thinking about on the R train home, but never wrote down and forgot about it.

The cataloging starts now!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a model sheet I've made myself for the various crowns that Hatchepsut wore. (Or some of them at least, there's a ton) Fun stuff. See you tomorrow!

No comments: