Friday, March 11, 2011

Foto Friday!

It's the end of the week, and time's a'wastin'! Let's get this show on the road!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a blast doing the one-off Batman page last week. I'm not that thrilled with how the page turned out (you live, you learn) but it was a nice switch-up to do a single page reinterpretation. I think it's something I'm going to try to work in to my (ab)normal routine.

Because, you know, between the blog, the baby and art I've got so much time. -sigh-

Ah well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week I'm doing a page from Neil Gaiman's Sandman. I'll save the page for later, but here's a snapshot of a panel. First my photo reference:



I used this pic (the guy, obviously) less for the face per se (it's a pretty easy angle and composition and tiny to boot) and more for the subtle, double light sourcing. Beautiful.

Here's what I'm working with so far:


See you next week!

No comments: