Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stuck In The Middle (Here I Am)

[Updated: I'm on schedule!]

So, starting a new page featuring Wolverine fighting Mystique (more on that to come) I realized that the last panel, one of the biggest on the page, wasn't really working

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a tricky thing, in that the panel or image looks fine, but that's all it looks. There's two purposes in a panel, to 'inform' (communicate effectively the information, i.e. that guy's got a gun, or "Damn, she's anatomically perfect!") or to 'entertain' ( make something look good or give the reader their money's worth).



This panel was doing the former fine (she just beat up Wolverine and is now standing there looking victorious) but just wasn't cutting it for me in the later category. She's kinda just standing there.

I've decided to lean a bit more towards entertainment. We'll see how it goes.

Stayed tuned!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

So, I managed to get the revision in today and decided I'd post it before polishing it up. Here ya go!



It's interesting. There's not too much that's different. I did shift the hips a bit and of course adjust the head and arm, but more than anything else it's a commit to pushing the decision I've made. Going with a kind of pin-up within a page means pushing it.

I think it works, but we'll see tomorrow. Artists are a cowardly and superstitious lot.

No comments: