Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Missing Ink

Welcome to another installment of my new and improved (or at least much more consistent) art blog. I'm your host Alonso Nunez. Wednesdays will from now on be a little something I call 'The Missing Ink'. Basically, it'll be a day wherein the 'sketch' will be a nice bit of inking (hopefully a nice bit of inking anyways) over some pencils, usually by another artist but sometimes over my own. It'll range anywhere from a panel or small sketch up to a full page, depending on my current workload.

This week's piece is a Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez sketch (by the looks of it) which first appeared in Modern Masters Volume Five. Garcia-Lopez has quickly become one of my favorite artists; his easy, fluid motion and amazing draftsmanship are incredibly effective. This sketch is from 2004, with my moderately successful attempt to not butcher it next to it. I'd redo the cape...but that's why it's a sketch.

Next time!


No comments: