Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Inspiration Thursday

Welcome back yet again to my new and improved (or at least consistently updated) blog. Hopefully you've been enjoying it so far. I'd love to get some feedback from people, to hear what they think. I am also qualified to answer any comic question you might have about... well, anything, I think. Maybe...

Getting back to the point, Thursday are going to be a day where I attempt to recreate, or use, or imitate, some part of an artist that's inspiring me. This week I've attempted a little bit of Kevin Nowlan. I pulled some Nowlan comics when I was inking the Garcia-Lopez Batman yesterday (the two of them are an amazing pairing) and I wanted to try to really, consciously 'pull' some more Nowlan out of my own art. Nowlan is also for me the preeminent Man-Bat artist; he designed the version you see in the animated Batman cartoon from the 90's (which I grew up with) and his work with the character is really inspired. Check out Secret Origin #39 if you're intrigued. It's also Thanksgiving, so...

Here's your 'Inspiration' sketch of the week. Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: