Monday, December 12, 2011

Manic Monday!

Man, the holidays are insane! And we've still got two weeks until Christmas! Time's a'wasting! It's Manic Monday, let's do this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been writing for Giant Fire Breathing Robot for over a half a year now, and the guys and gals there have been great. If you haven't checked it out you should! If not for me, then for the other awesome writing on television, comics, movies, games and all things geek.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the best television shows on the air right now has to be CBS' The Good Wife. It is incredibly nuanced, dynamic, involving television and the entire cast is stellar. They really know how to set up a good narrative for the season, explore it, twist it and then break it to find something else inside. Lots of shows will upset the status quo and shift directions season to season, but none currently do it with the heart and conviction of The Good Wife. Go stream an episode and check it out for yourself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of television, I'm still liking Glee but damn... that show has been all over the map this season. Good great, some horrendous episodes and most dancing in the middle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Over at Comics Should Be Good, one of the Internet's best comic sites (after GFBR of course!) I've got a piece in a contest to become a new sketch artist for the site. It'd be very nifty if you would head on over there and vote for me. It's super easy: The link is here, find my name, check it, click okay and you're done! And I'm happy. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Work continues this week on my Egyptian graphic novel. Here's a taste of the intro I'm working on. I've been able to get incredible feedback from friends and family, comic and non-comic readers, and they've really helped me nail the feel and direction of this project long before I'd even gotten to the boards. This page will probably pop up on this blog again later this week, after it's done and I've got a day to place it in. Till then... Egypt!

No comments: