Friday, December 12, 2008

Speaking Of Egypt...





In a bit of synchronicity, as I was posting my thesis pages today I came across this story over at Comic Book Resources. It's a Batman story starting this February in Batman Confidential and it features an obscure Batman villain (from the TV series and one other comic story) King Tut. This alone would get me excited to read it, but then I saw who the artists responsible would be, and the team is none other than Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Kevin Nowlan.

Holy Bat-Tut, I'm there.

For those of you unfamiliar with either Garcia-Lopez or Nowlan, they are two of the most respected artist working in the medium right now, and their previous work together (on DC and Marvel's Amalgam issue Dr. Strangefate) was absolute magic. The combination of Garcia-Lopez' attention to setting and body language and the dynamic, graceful in which he constructs a page, coupled with Nowlan's nearly-unparalled ability to ink anyone into perfection is going to be worth picking up.

I recommend picking this up, without reservation.

(Until then go scrounge up Strangefate. It's in a dollar bin somewhere.)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ooh! I would buy it based on the cover alone, it's pretty sweet :D.

If I don't see you, have a great Christmas!